Thursday, February 18, 2010

Photography

Last summer, after much research, I finally broke down and got a DSLR camera and I LOVE it!  There are so many settings that I have no idea about though, and my friend Jennifer was kind of in the same boat.  Jennifer luckily found a guy named Ron Ragan and he graciously spent some time with me, Jennifer and my sister-in-law Kathryn last weekend to show us some things about the settings on our cameras, photography in general and some techniques in Photoshop.  I know this is SO basic, but it's one of the things I wanted to learn how to do...so here's a baby picture of Alli that I got to practice on:

I had it printed to hang in a frame and matte that I bought when I was on maternity leave a while back...I know, how sad is that!  I had big plans to make a collage with cute scrapbook paper and newborn photos, but since I am a HUGE slacker in that department, that did not occur.  When I say huge slacker, I mean like BIG...like my 5 year old doesn't even have a baby scrapbook and I have had the supplies since she was a baby (gasp).  Tomorrow evening though, that shall change.  I am SUPER excited because I am going to make baby scrapbook layouts with Kathryn and Rachel...so maybe I can get Emily's first year done by the time she starts Kindergarten.  One thing I do know though, is where I will print my photos.  Motophoto on South Broadway prints high quality prints and has a highly trained staff to ensure proper color and quality of each and every print.  The BEST thing about Motophoto is that you can upload the photos online and pick them up in their drive-thru, which makes getting photos printed with kiddos SO much easier!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

you did a great job on that picture. i finally got a little time yesterday and found a tutorial on making eyes sparkle. i tried it on a couple of pictures. i can tell a bit of a difference. it's just so hard for me to find time to play. but, you're doing great! love the plug for motophoto!