Saturday, October 3, 2009

In love!

This past week has kind of been a blur to us, and I KNOW it's been a blur to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law! Monday, our niece continued to make progress with her breathing but Tuesday turned out very different. She was put back on oxygen Tuesday morning because she was having some trouble, then that afternoon, I got a call from my mother-in-law that she had stopped breathing while she was holding her. Oh my goodness were we all scared!! She was quickly transferred from ETMC to Mother Frances Hospital's NICU and was put on a ventilator. We were all terrified and said prayers constantly for this sweet little angel. I think we have all cried more this week than we usually do all year! All of our prayers have been answered...this little girl has made such great progress over the last few days and she is finally free from tubes and IVs! Praise God!! Jarrod and I had a nice surprise after soccer today...Grandma offered to take both girls to her house so we could go to the hospital and see Miss Maddie! I was SUPER excited because I knew I would get to hold her.
Her cousin Emily is VERY jealous right now because she is pretty much the only one that hasn't been able to hold her...unfortunately, they don't allow children that aren't siblings in the NICU, so she has a couple more days to wait.
Look at this little cutie! Man, I can't wait for babysitting duties...if her mommy and daddy are ever going to let her out of their sight, that is!!

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for Madelyn, Kathryn, Luke, our family and her caregivers! This little girl is so loved and truly blessed!

No comments: