Sunday, June 20, 2010

T-Ball and Father's Day

So, instead of doing some things I should be doing right now, I decided I'd surprise my sister-in-law, Kathryn, and blog. We have had a busy, but fun weekend. Friday, I started off my weekend with the monthly baby scrapbook class that April hosts where I got a couple more baby layouts done for my girls' books...yes, you read that right...my 5-year old STILL does not have a scrapbook. (gasp) I am a bit of a slacker in that department.  I had really good intentions and took all the appropriate photos, but there is something about putting a scrapbook together with no guidance that just plain stresses me out.  So April's classes each month have been AWESOME because I can just go, copy the cute design she made up, and voila! Well, that is, if I would ever put the photos in their books.

Saturday morning started with Emily's first t-ball game of the season...it should have been the first game last weekend, but the games were rained out.  Her game was at 10 a.m. and I was literally drenched when we left...I am not kidding.  I sweat like a darn pig when it's that hot and there's no pool to cool off in!  I think they tied...not even sure if they keep score in Upward sports, but I was too busy trying to take good pictures to pay attention to the game going on.  I have gotten bad in that department.  I used to pay such close attention when Jarrod was playing in college too!  Speaking of Jarrod, he's coaching her team this season...he couldn't stay out of the coaching arena long ;)
Here's Em on base
Attempting to get the ball
I just love this pic of them...I might just frame it.

Emily was really hot too...as you can tell
She actually ran out to Jarrod during the middle of the game and announced to him that she had to go potty...I just laughed because I knew it was just because she was hot and tired and she didn't really have to go that bad.  He told her that if she held it until the end of the game, he would get her a surprise (the game was almost over for all of you feeling sorry for her)...so she held it...all the way until we got home.

Her surprise was that she got to go out in the boat and go fishing with us...she's quite the little fisher-girl ;)
(I actually do have some pics of her fishing, I am literally just too lazy right now to get out of this chair to put them on the computer...it's late, what can I say)

Sunday we had really good intentions to wake up and go to church, but we had a change of plans...we took Emily to see Toy Story 3 in 3D.  It was totally Jarrod's idea, which surprised me a little considering that it is Father's Day. We had fun and it was a cute movie.  Then we headed to Academy "The Category" as Em calls it to get Grandpa a fishing pole and some fishing line that was an "incredible deal".  I hope you can sense my sarcasm ;)  Whenever Jarrod gets into something, he gets a bit obsessive about the gear involved to support the hobby.  It's pretty funny.  After Academy, we headed to get Alli from Nana and Paw Paw's house and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's to see Mee Maw Fee, who is in town for a couple of weeks from Oklahoma.  Then to finish the day off, I went to Wal Mart to get groceries from my e-mealz menu for the week.  Whew!  I sure hope I have clean clothes for tomorrow because we haven't done a thing that we needed to do this weekend...at least I haven't.

 I just have to finish by saying that my girls have the most amazing daddy in the world in Jarrod.  And I'm pretty lucky to have him forever as my husband and best friend!

No comments: